|• Hebrew||מחוז ירושלים|
|• Arabic||منطقة القدس|
|• District Commissioner||Haim Yifrach|
|• Total||652 km2 (252 sq mi)|
|ISO 3166 code||IL-JM|
The Jerusalem District (Hebrew: מחוז ירושלים; Arabic: منطقة القدس) is one of the six administrative districts of Israel. The district capital is Jerusalem. The Jerusalem District has a land area of 652 km2. The population of 1,159,900 is 66.3% Jewish and 32.1% Arab. A fifth (21%) of the Arabs in Israel live in the Jerusalem Municipality, which includes both East and West Jerusalem. Israel's annexation of East Jerusalem has not been recognized by the international community.
The majority of Arabs in the Jerusalem District are Palestinians, eligible to apply for citizenship under Israeli law, but either declining to apply or unsuccessful. The minority are Arab citizens of Israel living in Abu Ghosh, Beit Safafa and East Jerusalem, where Arab professionals have settled since the late 1970s, mainly for the provision of legal and other services to the local population. The non-Jewish population is 95.2% Muslim, 3.5% Christian with the others unclassified by religion.
|Cities||Local Councils||Regional Councils|
- Part of the Judean Mountains Natural Region.
- Part of the Judean Foothills Natural Region.
- Jerusalem Governorate
- List of cities in Israel
- Arab localities in Israel
- Positions on Jerusalem
- Timeline of Jerusalem
- Elah Valley
- Judean Mountains
- "בעלי תפקידים במשרד הפנים".
- Transfer of Power (District Commissioners and District Officers) Law, 5724-1964, Laws of the State of Israel vol. 18 no 38. (pp. 70-71)
- Localities and Population, By Population Group, District, Sub-District and Natural Region (PDF). Statistical Abstract of Israel (Report). Vol. 71. Israel Central Bureau of Statistics. 2019. Retrieved June 6, 2021.
- The Future of the Global Muslim Population, PEW Forum
- "Jerusalem: Israeli police hit in Palestinian car attack". BBC. 6 March 2015.
- ""8. אוכלוסייה ביישובים ובאזורים סטטיסטיים, לפי דת, סוף 2019"". Central Bureau of Statistics (Israel).
- Population, By Population Group, Religion, Age and Sex, District and Sub-District (PDF). Statistical Abstract of Israel (Report). Vol. 71. Israel Central Bureau of Statistics. 2019. Retrieved June 6, 2021.
- Statistical Yearbook 2012, Table I/2 – Area of the State of Israel, Jerusalem District and the Municipal Area of Jerusalem and Selected Localities, 2008. Jerusalem Institute for Israel Studies.