The event was inaugurated in 1955.
In 2012, 30,000 marchers took part in the event, which draws participants from all over the country as well as many international delegations. 6,000 Christian supporters of Israel also marched through the streets of Jerusalem, singing Hatikva and wishing the Israeli spectators a happy holiday.
The International Christian Embassy Jerusalem, a pro-Israel Evangelical Christian group, holds its annual conference on Sukkot and conference participants, many in national costumes, take part in the march.
- Jerusalem March, then and now
- Tens of thousands cram Jerusalem for Sukkot march
- In Jerusalem 6,000 Christians march in support of Israel
- I Travel Jerusalem
- Thousands of celebrants parade through colorful capital in annual Jerusalem March
- 7,000 Christian evangelicals parade through capital in annual Jerusalem March event, Jerusalem Post