|Full name||Taiji Nishitani|
|Born||February 1, 1981|
|Current team||Aisan Racing Team|
|2006–2014||Aisan Racing Team|
|2015–||Aisan Racing Team|
|Tour de Hokkaido (2006)|
National Road Race Championships (2009)
Taiji Nishitani (西谷泰治, Nishitani Taiji, born 1 February 1981, in Hiroshima Prefecture) is a Japanese former professional racing cyclist who competed professionally between 2006 and 2014, entirely for the Aisan Racing Team. He was the winner of the Japanese National Road Race Championships in 2009. He retired at the end of the 2014 season, and now works as a directeur sportif for the Aisan Racing Team.
He joined Aisan Racing Team soon after graduating from Nihon University and had success on the UCI Asia Tour. He was the third Japanese to win a stage at the HC classified Tour de Langkawi. In addition to road races, Nishitani also represented Japan in international track cycling competitions, riding in such events as the scratch race, Madison, and omnium.
- Tour de Hokkaido
- 1st Prologue & Stage 2
- Tour de Hokkaido
- 1st Prologue, Stages 2 & 3
- 1st Overall Tour de Hokkaido
- 1st Stage 3
- 1st Road race, National Road Championships
- 1st Stage 6 Jelajah Malaysia
- 1st Stage 3b Tour de Singkarak
- Tour of Japan
- 1st Stages 1 (ITT) & 6
- 7th Overall Tour de Korea
- 8th Overall Tour de East Java
- 9th Japan Cup
- 1st Stage 6 Tour of Thailand
- "Miyazawa Takashi, Nishitani Taiji, Shimizu Miyataka, Mori Kazuhiro: Nihon no toppu rēsā ga intai o hyōmei". Cyclowired. Retrieved 21 October 2014.
- "8名で戦うアジアツアー 愛三工業がこだわる日本人選手によるUCIポイント獲得". Cyclowired (in Japanese). Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "Aisan Racing Team". UCI.org. Union Cycliste Internationale. Archived from the original on 23 February 2020. Retrieved 23 February 2020.
- "Nishitani wins at Langkawi, Erler keeps lead". Velo News. Retrieved 31 May 2012.